Spring Project #1 Complete
I wanted to take advantage of the upcoming two days of rain and cooler temps to transplant a couple of plants in our yard. So I put Josh to work right away tonight before dinner. It was definitely not pleasant out, but he was a trooper and finished.
The bush that started it all is the lilac (far right bush in the top picture). It was placed in a poor spot too close to the house by the previous owners so it never bloomed. Because it never had blooms, it took us about two years to identify. We decided to move it to the back of the house were it has plenty of room to grow.
That left an open spot in our front flower bed, perfect for the butterfly bush (far left in the top picture). After being beaten up by the strong north wind at the corner of the house, it was ready for a sheltered spot near the front door. I’m thinking of an ornamental tree to fill the empty space it left…maybe a weeping pussy willow or small evergreen.
Next up on the yard projects: new tree (autumn blaze maple), till and plant the garden, put up Josh’s flag pole, and replant smaller plants that didn’t survive last year’s dry weather.