The good wife’s guide
Earlier this week a couple of my co-workers passed along this ‘guide’ that was posted in an old yearbook. One of their old bosses photocopied this page from the yearbook, highlighted his favorites, and passed it along to them as a joke…I think that’s how the story goes, but don’t quote me on it.
Anyway, I thought it was funny enought to share!
I tried to make it as big as possible in the hopes that you could read the ‘tips’ presented. My favorites:
- His topics of conversation are more important than yours.
- Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
- Prepare yourself…touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair…
- Show sincerity in your desire to please him.
- Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
We laugh at it now and think it’s crazy, but I’m guessing that this is how it was back in the 50’s (see publish date of May 13, 1955). I think Josh would like it if I greeted him at the door with a beverage every night!