The balanced marriage
They (I don’t really know who ‘they’ is) say that a husband and wife balance each other out…ones weakness is the others strength, etc. This has never been more true for Josh and I than during this process of selling our first home.
It’s a little bit more stressful than what I initially thought since we’ve put an offer on another house and have six more days to sell our place and will most likely be asking for an extension of our offer. Our daily conversation regarding this process has gone something like this:
- Josh: I can’t believe someone hasn’t put an offer in yet, our place is so unique.
- Me: It’s been on the market for less than a month, be patience.
- Josh: yeah, I know, I’m just frustrated.
- Jayne: I hope they like our place, I wish someone would just put an offer in.
- Josh: be patient, it will happen.
- Jayne: I know, I’m just ready to move.
- Josh: We haven’t heard anything about the showing…I’m so frustrated.
- Jayne: Calm down, we didn’t make an offer right away on this place. Maybe we’ll hear something on Monday.
- Josh: yea, I just want to move forward.
It’s like this every day, back and forth, back and forth. I think it’s God’s way of helping us keep our sanity and not get too stressed out!